· AdultBasic is a state run program that offers basic health insurance coverage to a limited number of low income residents of Pennsylvania.
· To be eligible, you must meet certain qualifications. You must be an uninsured, U.S. citizen and Pennsylvania resident between the ages of 19 and 64 with a family income below 200% of the federal poverty level. If the program is enrolled to capacity, you may have to be in a waiting list.
· The AdultBasic Program offers access to basic medical services. Coverage includes preventive care, physician services, diagnosis and treatment of illness or injury, in-patient hospitalization, out-patient hospital services and emergency accident and medical care. Prescription drugs are not covered.
· Eligible enrollees are responsible for some costs. Enrollees must pay a monthly premium and co-payments for certain services.
· To find out whether you are eligible for AdultBasic, please call (800) GO-BASIC.