New York Family Health Plus (FHP) is a state-designated program that provides health insurance to uninsured adults between 19 and 64 who are not eligible for Medicaid.
· Family Health Plus is available to single adults, couples without children, and low-income parents.
· An individual who has an income up to 100% of the federal poverty level (FPL), or $10,830 annually, is eligible for Family Health Plus. A family with children, which has an income up to 150% of the federal poverty level, is eligible for New York Family Health Plus. For a family of three, this works out to an annual income of up to $27,465 or a gross monthly income of $2,289.
· Additional eligibility requirements include residency of New York state and United States citizenship, with some exceptions for certain immigration categories.
· Family Health Plus program provides comprehensive coverage to enrollees including doctor’s visits, hospital care, prescription drugs, vision and speech, diabetic supplies and treatment, and mental health services.
· Individuals and family who qualify for Family Health Plus, may have some cost sharing. There is no application cost and once enrolled there are no deductibles, however individuals may be responsible for some copayments.
· For more information on Family Health Plus, please contact the New York Department of Health at 1-877-9FHPLUS (934-7587) or visit them on the web at http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/fhplus/index.htm .